Northern Arizona University
United States of America - Flagstaff
- Social Learning Analytics of Social Presence: Online Learning Discussion
- Enhancing course content and knowledge development by creating extended realities
- Creating Virtual Learning Experiences
- Examining the Self-regulated Learning Skills' Changes of the Learners in the ALEKS Adaptive Learning System
- Analyzing Adaptive Learning System Big Data to Measure Self-Regulated Learning Skills through Educational Data Mining
- Online Adaptive Learning A Study of Score Validity of the Adaptive Self-Regulated Learning Model
- Wants and Haves: Student Perceptions of Practicum Experiences in a Teacher Preparation Program
- Reflective Teaching to Enhance Technology Integration
- Providing Context for Technology Integration: Teacher Candidates Engage in Real-World Data Collection
- Ways to Use Reflections of Classroom Observations to Operationalize the ISTE Standards
Shadow W. J. Armfield is a member of the Educational Technology faculty in the Department of Educational Specialties within the College of Education at Northern Arizona University. His teaching includes technology integration in K-12 environments and graduate research for doctoral students. He has worked on the eJournal of Education Policy since 2007, serving first as an assistant editor, and as the editor since the Fall of 2013. Dr. Armfield is responsible for all contact with the authors, organizing the peer review process, and working to ensure that the editions are online accessible.
Dr. Armfield’s research interests include technology integration in K-12 environments, technology integration in teacher preparation programs, and online collaborative learning environments. Recent publication include three chapters in the 2015 Springer International Publishing’s Media Rich Instruction: Connecting Curriculum to All Learners, two chapters in the 2014 Technology platform innovations and forthcoming trends in ubiquitous learning , and the 2013 article, Learner self-regulation and web 2.0 tools management in personal learning environment in the International Journal Of Web-Based Learning And Teaching Technologies.