Online learning leader in designing collaborative learning environments for blended or fully-online higher education and secondary level courses across the disciplines.
Areas of interest
- Collaborative Presence in a social network-based CoP for teacher professional development on teaching effectiveness: What does it look like and how does it work?
- Linking Social Networking with Quality Content: Collaborative Professional Development for Teachers
- Four Steps to Fostering Collaborative Presence in Online Discussion Forums
- Facilitating Deepened Online Learning
- Tapping Online Dialogue for Learning: A Grounded Theory Approach to Identifying Key Heuristics that Promote Collaborative Dialogue Among Virtual Learners
- The Concord eLearning Model
Dr. Haavind is an Associate Professor at Lesley University. She teaches hybrid and online graduate courses in STEM and for Citizens Schools teaching fellows. Her background is in K-12 curriculum design and professional development for NSF-funded science and mathematics curricula at TERC and Concord Consortium, as well as for literacy and mathematics units integrating SCANS skills for the Ford Foundation. She co-authored Facilitating Online Learning: Strategies for Moderators (Atwood: 2000). Dr. Haavind publishes articles and presents regularly at national conferences on facilitating deepened online learning and online constructivist pedagogy.