Mount Saint Mary College
United States of America - Newburgh
I am a Professor of Education at Mount Saint Mary College, Newburgh, NY. My passion is teaching with technology and I share it with my students. I have brought a couple of my research students to EdMedia!
EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2019
- Digital Pedagogy: Unleashing a Transformation in Teaching
- There is More to Digital Learning than Counting on Your Fingers: Transforming Learning and Teaching with Digital Pedagogy.
- Creating Authentic Learning with Moodle
- Partnering for Learning: Boost Student Engagement with Moodle 2.8 (Bring Your Own Laptop)
- Engaging College Students in Global Interaction via Digital Media: Setting the Stage for the International Writing Exchange (IWE) Project
- Exploring the Use of iPads for Engaged Learning in the Elementary Classroom: A Survey of Teachers
- Addressing Contextual Adaptation in the Dissemination of Online Technologies: Using Moodle and WizIQ for Professional Development Training
- Let’s Moodle! Getting Up and Running with Moodle 2.6
- Warming Global Relationships by Connecting International Classrooms
- W4: Facilitating the Pedagogy of Engagement: Designing an Effective Course with Web 2.0 Technologies
Ludmila Smirnova, Ph. D. After her 25 years career at Volgograd State Pedagogical University, Russia, where she served as Dean of the School of Foreign Languages and a Ph.D. supervisor in the field of comparative studies and Informational Technologies, in 2001 she started working as Professor of Education at Mount St. Mary College in Newburgh, N.Y. She has become increasingly recognized for her leadership in the application of emerging technologies to instruction. Dr. Smirnova leads numerous conferences, workshops on the application of Smart Technologies and Emerging Technology tools in college and primary/secondary classrooms. Her research interests lie in the field of emerging technologies and their impact on learning and teaching. Professor Ludmila Smirnova has been at Mount Saint Mary College since 2001. She has taught courses in Curricular Planning, Methods of Teaching, Teaching with Technology, Nature of Schools and Society, Literacy and Technology, and Psychology of Learning. She has become increasingly recognized for her leadership in the application of emerging Internet technologies to teaching.