Kathryn Kennedy Consulting, Evergreen Education Group
United States of America - Dresden
- What’s Happening in Blended and Online Learning: Innovative Practice and Lessons Learned
- Informing Practice, Policy, and Further Research in K-12 Online and Blended Learning
- Part 1: Symposium on Research in K-12 Online and Blended Learning
- Part 2: Symposium on Research in K-12 Online and Blended Learning
- K12 Online and Blended Learning: Current Research and Challenges into Implementation and Teacher Education.
- Symposia on teacher preparation and professional development in K-12 online and blended teaching
- Supporting virtual students: Ensuring success for all
- Meet the Editors: Journal Editors in Our Field
- Recruiting, hiring, training, supporting, and evaluating teachers: A Cross-case analysis of teaching infrastructure across K-12 virtual schools
- Explorations and Evolution within the Handbook of Research on K-12 Online and Blended Learning
I am an education consultant -- Kathryn Kennedy Consulting -- offering research and contract services, dedicated to helping organizations and stakeholders as they navigate the changing landscape of the field of education. In the past, I served as the Director of the Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute, the research arm of Michigan Virtual, where I worked with a team of researchers and writers on multiple state-legislated research projects focused on policy and practice in K-12 online and blended learning. I also formerly served as the Director of Research for the International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL), adjunct professor and advisor for the Ed.D. program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Education, and assistant professor of instructional technology at Georgia Southern University. My practical experiences and research interests include educator professional development for technology integration and instructional design in traditional, blended, and online learning environments. I previously chaired the K-12 Online Learning SIG for the Society for Information Technology and Teaching Education (SITE). I am one of the founding Editors-in-Chief of the Journal of Online Learning Research, a peer-reviewed, international, open source journal published by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). I am also one of the founding Editors of the Handbook of Research on K-12 Online and Blended Learning, an open source handbook published by Carnegie Mellon's ETC Press. I serve on the Advisory Council for the Foundation for Blended and Online Learning.