H. Patricia McKenna
AmbientEase & UrbanitiesLab
Canada - Victoria
Patricia is an educator, innovator, entrepreneur, information professional, and urban researcher and is a Member and Researcher in the Technology & Society global research space.
Areas of interest
- Ambient Culture
- Ambient Learning
- Emergent Learning
- Learning Cities
- Meaningful Engagement
- Exploring creativity, innovation, and value during a library event: Extending feedback and assessment to interactive places and spaces
- Making/Incubating a Difference: Getting Smarter About Learning in Smart Cities
- Learning to Iterate in the City: Interactive Environments for Socially Responsive Urban Participation
- Argumentation Spaces for Learning: Toward a New Coherence in Teaching, Learning, and Assessments for Frictionless Interactions
- AmbientEase: Leveraging Interactive Learning Environments by Combining Smart Technologies with Wireless Grid Edgeware
Patricia McKenna (BA, MLS, DPS) is the founder and President of AmbientEase (Emergent Adaptive Solutions Everywhere) Inc. Exploring the rapidly evolving information landscape, McKenna is concerned with the implications of aware technologies for communities, scholarship, and learning environments. Through the UrbanitiesLab, McKenna engages with local communities around use experience and generating new relevancies and vibrancies in 21st century learning, living, and work spaces.