Western Illinois University
United States of America - Cedar Rapids
My research interests include the benefits of art for individuals with disabilities; educational technology, specifically as it relates to teacher preparation and training; and effective interventions for individuals with behavior disorders including the population identified as juvenile offenders.
- Engaging graduate students with guest experts: Following principles for universal design for learning (UDL)
- International Inclusive Learning Technology Issues
- Technology and Language Arts: A good recipe for one adolescent girl!
- Evaluation of Technology Integration in Higher Education
- Guiding Preservice Teacher Candidates to Implement Student-Centered Applications of Technology in the Classroom
- iPad Use for Accelerating Gains in Reading Skills of Secondary Students with Learning Disabilities
- Fifth-grade Essays Using Hyperstudio 5 as an Organizational Tool
- Pre-Service Teacher Survey and Collaboration Between the United States and Jordan
- Special Education Teacher Preparation: Online- Document Collaboration
I received a Bachelor of Arts from Charleston Southern University, a Master of Arts from the University of South Florida, and a doctorate from the University of Iowa. My experience in teaching spans several decades including having taught in five states, in both elementary and secondary teaching positions and in varied instructional programs, such as residential programs for adjudicated (grade 6-12) students with substance abuse issues. University experience: I have worked at Arizona State University, the University of Iowa, and currently teach in the Curriculum and Instruction Department at Western Illinois University.