Integrating Engineering, Science, Reading, and Robotics Across Grades 3-8 in a STEM Education Era

Posted by Erdogan Kaya on March 5 2020 at 2:39 p.m.

• I love the concept so much that is the entire reasoning I went back to school in pursuit of a PhD in educational technology. I started an organization, www.class-matters.org and now I realize I want to leave engineering and do engineering education full time. I focus more on mid-high school students. I am interested in learning more about your approach.

Posted

• Hi Darron and Erdogan I was so thrilled to see this conversation - I am almost finished writing a new book for Routledge (on sabbatical ATM - my editor is in NYC) - the whole manuscript is on Integrated STEM. Working title is "High Possibility STEM Classrooms: Integrated STEM learning in Research and Practice" (out in the second half on the year). It is focused on the early, elementary and middle years - in Australia we call these years 'primary school'. Based on three studies (2016-19) in 14 public schools with 59 teachers. Be great to talk more. Jane

Posted

• I really appreciate this topic. I appreciated that the framework you used required that curricula be relevant to students. I am very interested in STEM integration, especially in terms of personal identity development. I would be interested in joining a Zoom call about the topic!

Posted