Virtual Reality and Video Games as Literary Tools in K-16

Posted by Miles Harvey on January 22 2019 at 10:06 p.m.

• I am excited to share my research with video games and virtual reality with you all! I really enjoyed coming to SITE last year and I am looking forward to meeting new academics with similar interests this year!

Posted

• I hope to share some great examples of what 'good' learning looks like with video games and virtual reality in the classroom. I want to help others understand the power of digital games as powerful mediums for learning. I am also looking forward to hearing what you all think about the subject.

Posted

• Wow! 15 minutes went by very fast! I really wish I had longer to work with my attendees. It might as well have been a 3 minute presentation competition lol. I REALLY wish I could have had time to answer questions.

Posted

• Miles, I am a virtual participant so I couldn't come to your presentation, but I did look at the paper and slides. I have been doing a lot of work with this topic recently, and based on what I saw I thought you might be interested in this: http://www.jite.org/documents/Vol17/JITEv17IIPp083-112Rueda4582.pdf. If you don't have time for the whole thing, what made me think of this was the section on ludic narrative - goes right along with what you were doing in this project (at least as it seems to me from here). Hope you have a great conference experience! (In case the link doesn't work, here's the citation: Rueda, C. J., Godines, J. C., & Rudman, P. D. (2018). Categorizing the educational affordances of 3-dimensional immersive digital environments. Journal of Information Technology Education: Innovations in Practice, 17.)

Posted