Welcome to E-Learn 2018
Posted by Saul Carliner on October 11 2018 at 8:25 p.m.
Greetings and welcome to E-Learn 2018!
On behalf of the entire program committee, I would like to welcome you to the conference. We’ve tried to craft a program that provides you with a variety of experiences that meet your professional development needs.
Some of those experiences are educational, and we offer a variety of educational opportunities for you.
- Our keynote speakers—Flipgrid’s Jim Leslie and Charlie Miller, xAPI expert Megan Torrance, Google Education evangelist Jaime Casap, and Bryan Chapman, a leading consultant and thought leader in educational technology and instructional design—are ready to share their diverse knowledge and experiences with you. Take advantage of the Keynote Conversations to interact directly with them.
- Complementing the Keynotes is a large selection of elective sessions, which present the latest research and case studies of implementations of e-learning in a variety of educational settings.
- To develop your skills, attend one of the Workshops offered each day.
Some of those experiences are social. Conferences provide unique opportunities to network with people who share your professional interests. One of the unique characteristics of E-Learn is its ability to attract e-learning specialists from all over the world. To make the networking as comfortable as possible, we integrate it with educational events. Some of the networking highlights of the conference include:
- Opening Keynote Fireside chat & welcome reception on Monday
- Newcomer Welcome Tuesday morning
- Networking lunches Tuesday -Thursday
- Poster sessions Tuesday afternoon
- Cirque du Soleil’s Beatles LOVE show Tuesday evening (requires a ticket purchase)
- Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings Tuesday and Wednesday
- The E-Learn Welcome Party Wednesday night
To make sure you participate in everything of interest to you, make sure you use your AcademicExperts.org schedule planner. Note, too, that you also have access to all conference papers through that site.
During the conference, remember to share all that you’re learning and experiencing on social media using the hashtag, #ELearn18.
Thank you for participating in the conference. I look forward to meeting you!
Saul Carliner, Chair, E-Learn Conference
Concordia University (Montreal)
Log in to post a a comment in this discussion.