One of the best things about an island destination is the journey itself. Victoria and Vancouver Island are well served by transportation carriers. Whether you are looking for convenience, affordability or comfort, your options are wide open.
Take a relaxing, scenic cruise along the rugged west coast on a ferry, hop on a float plane or helicopter and enjoy breathtaking views from the sky, or fly directly into the Victoria airport, one of the world's friendliest airports. Whatever you choose, the journey to Victoria is your first opportunity to build unforgettable memories:
Getting to Victoria
The two most common means of travel to Victoria are by plan or ferry. Below are a few of the options and prices for ferry and air travel to Victoria, but please carefully research all your travel options in advance, as prices and information for these providers may change.
- Coho Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria (Anacortes to Sidney), takes just about 45minutes
- $13.00 CA per person
- For detailed information, see: http://cohoferry.com
- BC Ferry from Vancouver (Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay), takes just under 2 hours
- $13.00 CA per person
- For detailed information, see: http://bcferries.bc.ca
- Washington State Ferry from Seattle to Victoria (Anacortes to Sidney), takes about 2 hours
- $16.00CA per person
- For detailed information, see: http://usdot.wa.gov/ferries
- Victoria Clipper Ferry from downtown Seattle to downtown Victoria, takes just under 3 hours
- $110 CA Round Trip per Person
- For detailed information, see: http://clippervacations.com
- For flight information about Victoria Internation Airport (YYJ), please see http://www.victoriaairport.com
- Victoria is also accessible by sea plane. Sea plane travel is quick, only 20 minutes from Vancouver, less than an hour from Seattle.
Rental Car Discounts
National Car and Truck Rentals is please to offer the following rates to EdMedia World Conference 2010 attendees. The following rates are available from June 21-300 20130 Make a reservation online or call 1-800-227-7368 and quote Contract ID #3715458.
- Economy (ECAR) - $33.00 Daily Unlimited Kilometers
- Compact (CCAR) - $33.00 Daily Unlimited Kilometers
- Intermediate (ICAR) - $34.00 Daily Unlimited Kilometers
- Full-size (FCAR) - $36.00 Daily Unlimited Kilometers
- Intermediate AWD (IFAR) - $50.00 Daily Unlimited Kilometers
- Sport Utility (SFAR) - $55.00 Daily Unlimited Kilometers
- Mini Van (MVAR) - $79.90 Daily Unlimited Kilometers
Note: Rates do not include taxes, CRF, fuel, LDW, young renter fee, additional driver fee, or extra equipment. Rates are not applicable to one-way rentals. Renters must meet National Car and Truck Rental's "Standard Rental Requirements".
Hotel InformationFairmont Empress Hotel & Victoria Conference Centre
721 Government St
Victoria, BC V8W 1W5