Japan - Hamamatsu
Currently a professor of College of Informatics of Shizuoka University, Japan. Has experiences of working at UCLA & NCSU as a visiting scholar. Specializes developing educational software involving math (including search engine of math expressions) and English, and numerical analysis.
- Development of Web Application to Help Learn the Process of Transforming Mathematical Expressions on Trial-and-Error Basis with Study Logs
- An Attempt to Analyze Mathematical Question-solving Processes Using STACK
- Extracting Math Concepts and Formulas in Transforming Mathematical Expressions with Annotation
- Searching Mathematical Expressions with Regular Expressions Tool and Its Application to Extract Mathematical Concepts
- Detecting Learners' Hesitation in Solving Word-Reordering Problems with Machine Learning for Classification
- Web-based Application to Aid the Learning of Mathematical Proofs Using Logical Diagrams and Its Potential
- Development of a Corpus-Based Web Application to Support Writing Technical Documents in English
Yoshinori Miyazaki is currently a professor of College of Informatics of Shizuoka University, Japan. He received his Ph. D. in the program of Engineering from the University of Tsukuba in Japan in 2000. He has experiences of working as a visiting scholar at UCLA (University of California at Los Angeles) in 1999 and at NCSU (North Carolina State University) in 2013, respectively. He specializes in the development of educational software especially involving math and English. His research interests also include numerical analysis (for the solution of differential equations) and e-learning and its peripherals (such as developing search engine of math expressions).
QUALIFICATIONS ・Over 20 years of teaching experiences at junior college and universities ・Teach mathematics, numerical analysis, IT skills, and others ・Ph. D. in Engineering (@ Tsukuba University in Japan, in March, 2000)
WORK EXPERIENCE 2017 (April) – present Professor, department of informatics, graduate school of integrated science and technology, Shizuoka University, Japan 2016 (May) – present Member of the Board, Japan Social Data Science Society (JSDSS) 2013 (April) – 2013 (September) Visiting Scholar, North Carolina State University (NCSU), USA 2005 (October) – 2017 (March) Associate Professor, faculty of informatics, Shizuoka University, Japan 2004 (April) – 2005 (September) Associate Professor, faculty of information studies, Shizuoka Sangyo University, Japan 2003 (May) – present Member of the Board, Japan e-Learning Association (JeLA) 1999 (July) – 1999 (September) Visiting Scholar, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), USA 1998 (April) – 2004 (March) Assistant Professor, faculty of information studies, Shizuoka Sangyo University, Japan 1996 (April) – 1998 (March) Part-time Assistant Professor, Shizuoka Gakuen Junior College, Japan
EDUCATION Ph. D. in Engineering, Tsukuba University, Japan, 2000 (March) Coursework completed without degree, Graduate School of Engineering, Tsukuba University, Japan, 1998 (March) Exchange Student, Graduate School of Computer Science, Columbia University, USA, 1995 (September) – 1995 (December) M.E. (Master of Engineering), Graduate School of Engineering, Tsukuba University, Japan, 1995 (March) B.S.E. (B.S. in Engineering), College of Information Science, Third Cluster of Colleges, Tsukuba University, Japan, 1993 (March)