Jordan H. Reiter
Lead Developer at Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education http://www.aace.org
United States of America - Philadelphia
I have over 20 years experience developing web-based solutions for managing information.
Areas of interest
- Information Sharing
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
Sarah Lawrence College1996-2000
The Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy, SOAS2005-2006
- ADD: Assessing, Designing, and Developing E-Learning
- Sustainable Learning Technologies
- Assistive Technologies & Special Education
- Creativity, Design Thinking, & Innovation
- Digital Storytelling/Video
- Distance/Flexible Education
- English Education
- Information Literacy Education, Library & Media Science
- SITE Teacher Education Council
- Social Studies Education
- Technological, Pedagogical And Content Knowledge
- Workforce & Community College Education
- Emerging Scholar Stream
I first started programming as a kid in AppleSoft BASIC. When hypertext (and, later, hypermedia) came out as a teen I was really excited by its potential as a storytelling medium. I made my first website in the winter of 1995. Back then it was all about interlinking and it sort of was a kind of storytelling. I still sometimes miss the day when a web page was a few paragraphs interwoven with links. Even if web 2.0 is all about user involvement, it feels in ways less personal than the days when it was still pretty common to come across a website in Netscape gray.
Later, I got involved in web development. I've developed content management solutions, publishing systems, and portals along with endless custom web apps for customers in the private, non-profit, and government sector.
I'm now currently working full-time at AACE, managing their online conference system, digital library (http://learntechlib.org), and publishing system, along with a few other sites including Academic Experts.