United States of America - Bloomington
Curtis J. Bonk is Professor in the School of Education at Indiana University (IU) teaching psychology and technology courses and Adjunct in the School of Informatics at IU. He is a former software entrepreneur, certified public accountant, corporate controller, and educational psychologist.
- The G3 of Writing and Publishing Tips: Gentle Guidelines, Great Stories, and Gigantic Scholarly Gains
- Supporting Learners Self-Management for Self-Directed Language Learning: A Study within Duolingo
- Self-Directed Language Learning With Duolingo in an Out-of-class Context
- Invited Panel: What is the Future of Learning? Visions of Education 20/20 in Our Changing Learning World
- A Mixed Method Study of Instructor Design and Delivery of MOOCs for Participant Self-directed Learning
- The Influence of Social Media on Learning & Development
- "I Am Pleased to Inform You That..." Insights and Advice on Getting Published in Educational and Instructional Technology – Part 1
- "I Am Pleased to Inform You That..." Insights and Advice on Getting Published in Educational and Instructional Technology – Part 2
- A Systematic Review of MOOC Research Methods and Topics: Comparing 2014-2016 and 2016-2017
- Pre-Conference Symposoum Welcome: MOOCs and Open Education in the Developing World
Curtis J. Bonk is Professor in the School of Education at Indiana University (IU) teaching psychology and technology courses and Adjunct in the School of Informatics at IU. He is a former software entrepreneur, certified public accountant, corporate controller, and educational psychologist who presently is an educational technologist, award-winning writer, highly published researcher, statewide and national awardee in innovative teaching with technology, and internationally acclaimed presenter. In 2020, he was awarded the IU President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning Technology — and in 2021, received the David H. Jonassen Excellence in Research Award. In April 2022, the American Educational Research Association named him a 2022 AERA Fellow for his exceptional contributions to, and excellence in, education research and the following week he was honored with the International Engagement award from the IU School of Education. Curt is the author of nearly 400 publications and has many widely used technology and learning related books, including Transformative Teaching Around the World, Engaging Online Language Learners, The World Is Open, Empowering Online Learning, The Handbook of Blended Learning, Electronic Collaborators, Adding Some TEC-VARIETY, which is free as an e-book (http://tec-variety.com/), and MOOCs and Open Education Around the World as well as MOOCs and Open Education in the Global South (www.moocsbook.com/). Across his career, Curt Bonk has given over to 1,800 presentations around the globe related to online teaching and learning, including over 300 keynote and plenary talks in places like Bangkok, Thailand, Melbourne, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing, Toronto, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Madrid, London, Manila, Seoul, Tel Aviv, Edinburgh, Dublin, Coimbra, Tampere, Barcelona, and Arequipa, Peru. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and his homepage is http://curtbonk.com/.